Sunday, January 28, 2018

THE SUNDAY SYNOPSIS #151

NUMBER ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY-ONE


THE SUNDAY SYNOPSIS
WEEKLY WRAP-UP
BLOG - LIFE - MUSIC - WEB

TELL ME TUESDAY
LAST. NOW. NEXT.

COVER CONVERSATIONS

THAT'S PINTERESTING!

The struggle is still on... between our broadband problems and now my Kindle being wonky (even more than usual), and Blogger's usual BS, my blogging has become a chore and that makes me extremely sad. It took three days to draft this post because images wouldn't load and tabs wouldn't open. Baz got his old laptop ready for me to use and I was excited because I thought the huge screen, it's one of the Vaio 18.4" HD models, would save me from having to bend forward a lot to see smaller font size, but the print on the tabs and tool bars is even smaller than on my little laptop. I know there is a way to enlarge it, but I can't see the small font well enough to do it, and corralling my son into helping me is sometimes a losing battle. I am also hoping that the laptop can steal back some of the broadband from his high tech gaming computer because he always used to complain if I was streaming April the Giraffe's birth cam on my old laptop. It slowed his down, ha ha.


My nephew, who has Aspergers, has been obsessed with vampire lore for ages, he even draws and writes vampire manga. His first obsession was Sailor Moon as a child, and I'm sure he must have had one between that and vampires, but it wasn't Harry Potter like I was hoping at that time. Oh wait, I remember, it was all the old game shows on the Game Show Network. Press Your Luck was his favorite. Ha ha. Anyway, on Thursday I was sitting in my sister's van while The Manchild took our groceries upstairs and he started talking about these Harry Potter YouTube videos he has been watching called Harry Potter Lore and asked if he could borrow our books to read. I am so thrilled that I am going to buy him his own set of Paperbacks!
My super-flu seems to be on its way out for real this time. I still have crackly ears, a dry cough and the dragging fatigue, but my eyes being better has made me very very happy! I hope everyone else who has been struggling with this seemingly endless sickness is feeling better, too.
We filled out the paperwork to adopt the patronus cat. 
.

Taking a wee break from shoving my tabs guy in your face this week, ha ha, and mellowing it out. This is an old college buddy's daughter, Miranda. She was a National Young Arts Week winner in 2014, she also won a national high school song writing competition and has her song on a movie soundtrack, and she was one of the three high school students picked for Josh Groban's HBO Master Class episode. Yeah... I know. And my son? Well, I'm still waiting. Just kidding, I love my son. Here she is just chilling out on the couch, with her dad playing guitar during her winter break from college.

And these are the Master Class winners singing at the HBO New York screening.


New York Public Library's ASK A LIBRARIAN THURSDAY live Facebook streaming. I am hooked because you get book recomendations and little personal anecdotes based on the librarians' own reading, and feedback they have gotten from the public with no hidden promotional agenda. A breath of fresh bookish air. *breathes in deeply*



CURRENTLY READING
This is my current review ARC, it publishes February 13th. When I downloaded it to my Kindle I realized that it is a sequel. *sighs*
Baz and I are almost finished with our buddy read, and it's a good thing because the 1970s copy he is reading from my boxed set completely fell apart. Ha ha.


NOTHING!
No ebook specials, no Book Outlet orders, no review books!

HOWEVER...
I was sent ice pop bags to review here on the blog. Hahahaha!


TELL ME TUESDAY

BEAT THE BACKLIST CHALLENGE

COVER CONVERSATIONS

THE MONTHLY MOSH
BOOKS AND READING WRAP-UP POST
Stacking the Shelves
$5 Amazon Gift Card Giveaway

THE SUNDAY SYNOPSIS

Have a stellar week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.