Sunday, October 1, 2017

THE SUNDAY SYNOPSIS #133

NUMBER ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY-THREE


TELL ME TUESDAY
LAST. NOW. NEXT.

TAG, YOU'RE IT!
THE LONGEST BOOK TAG

COVER CONVERSATIONS
LET'S TALK COVER ART TRENDS


I didn't have enough sunshine, in the hours that I was home, to take photos for my 52 PINS IN 52 WEEKS post, so that has been rescheduled for next Saturday. My first two week's back to work schedules are always in office every day, so I wasn't home to catch sun when I could. This also affected my OCTOBER ZOMBIETHON post as I needed to take photos of the giveaway prizes. It will be posted this evening.
Last Sunday I cleaned out and organized all of my email accounts, so if you got a notification that I just started following you by email, I didn't, I have been following you all along. It just means that I have been following you for so long that you were on my older blog email list and I switched you to the newer one. Now all of my personal and music mail is at one address, author/publisher/ebook newsletters and Netgalley/Edelweiss in another, and all that is in my lalainthelibrary account is post notifications for my favorite blogs. This has been a HUGE time saver!
I am still catching up with blog commenting. Thank you for your patience.
Remember that MyLeaky cyberstalker I was talking about when it was pointed out to me that she might be the one leaving those criticizing emails? Well, even though I blocked her IP address here on the blog, she managed to comment on Thursday! 
Disqus must not recognize the Blogger block because she started a Disqus account for commenting. She is now banned and blocked from my Disqus by IP number, and I went to Google+ and finally figured out how to block her there. Every time I think the scary hell is over she rears her beastly head again.



As I spoke of above, the first two weeks of my work after summer break are onsite every day, so absolutely no music happened. In order to keep my calluses up I sat and rubbed my fingers on the strings of my practice guitar while I read. Ha ha.
I did do a little brainstorming, though. I noticed that many of my old music friends do not play in bands anymore. Some give lessons and/or play solo acoustic gigs here and there, and some don't play out at all anymore. I was thinking about how popular Halloween balls have become in my area; it went from one in the last few years, to two last year, and to four this year. Anyway, I was thinking it would be great to get a Metal "orchestra" together, maybe 8-12 musicians to play instrumental Metal versions of Halloween themed movie and television themes, and gig at one of these balls every year. Of course I have to link you to my tabs/lessons guy for song examples (maybe someday I will get my lessons for free from talking about him so much, ha ha).
GOOSEBUMPS THEME
And I knew there was an aura I liked about this young man, he's a reader! In the info on this video he credits the Goosebumps books for getting him into reading Horror. He's read It, by Stephen King five times, and The Shining six times. He is also a Harry Potter fan.
THE WALKING DEAD THEME

And I got pretty birthday prezzies from The Netherlands! My blogging buddy, Annemieke, sent me these lovely wrapped goodies. I am not going to open them until my birthday on Friday. *heart eyes*


BOUGHT EBOOKS
GOODREADS
Another Vonnegut for my November Vonnegut read-a-thon. I will have a good selection to choose from. The Manchild is going to buddy read Slaughterhouse-Five with me. It will be a re-read for me. This book is still $1.99 at the time of this posting.

GOODREADS
And another! This makes eighteen in my collection. It is also still $1.99 right now.

GOODREADS
This is only the fourth time I have seen a Terry Pratchett ebook on sale. I bought The Wee Free Men and The Color of Magic for $1.99, and The Light Fantastic for $3.99. This is the last Death arc title, though, so it is doing me absolutely no good right now. I wish it was the first one. Ha ha. It was still $1.99 when I went to get the Goodreads link, but check first.

NO ARCS OR REVIEW BOOKS, YAY!


Brittany, from BRITTANY'S BOOK RAMBLES, shared her tips for surviving book and comic conventions: HERE.

Elizabeth, from SO LONG... & THANKS FOR ALL THE FISH, posted a top five list of books with bisexual characters: HERE.

DOCTOR WHO PAPER DOLLS!


TELL ME TUESDAY
LAST. NOW. NEXT.
TOP TEN
Book Character Besties

WAITING ON WEDNESDAY

COVER CONVERSATIONS

52 PINS IN 52 WEEKS
August- September edition

THE SUNDAY SYNOPSIS

Have a brilliant week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.