Sunday, June 18, 2017

THE SUNDAY POST #118

THE SUNDAY POST
NUMBER ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTEEN
THE SUNDAY POST is a weekly wrap-up feature hosted by Kimba at the CAFFEINATED BOOK REVIEWER.



LAST. NOW. NEXT.

My blog views have been plummeting for the last month. It has never been this bad before. I am having the same number of hits I had at the end of my first year of blogging. I had a decrease from a pretty steady 8,000+ to 6,000+ earlier in the year, but I was still okay with those numbers, but this last dive was disheartening. I didn't even feel like blogging this week. My US visits are down by about 2,000 since last month and my Canadian views down about 1,500. Google.com used to be my top referring site, but it is number three now. Weird. It's like watching all of my hard work slowly go down the drain.
I was tired of losing my ARC schedule on my notebook app everytime one of my Kindles kicked it, so I made a PAGE. It also has an old ARC backlist, so if you happen to look at it, and have read and liked a book on it, please let me know.


CURRENTLY READING
ADULT FICTION
STANDALONE
ISSUE RELATED
RACISM/CLASSISM
BIRACIAL CHILDREN
NETGALLEY ARC
I am only in about 20%, but it s pretty good. It isn't rocking my socks or anything, but it has great potential.

BOUGHT EBOOKS
I am going to be doing an epic reread of the first six books at some point, so I can read all the new titles by Herbert's son. Any I can get as ebook bargains is great because I prefer reading on my Kindle. Especially for the first three because I have those in paperback. Tiny print, ugh. It is still $1.99 at the time of this posting.

It is a memoir about a thirty-six year old recovering alcoholic, and her dog, shaping a new life after the death of her parents. It is still 99¢ today.

NETGALLEY
ADULT FICTION
STANDALONE
CONTEMPORARY
ISSUE RELATED
MOTHER-DAUGHTER RELATIONSHIP
It publishes August 1st.

MEMOIR
FAMILY
It publishes August 1st.

AUTHOR
I was given an Audible audiobook review copy of Olga via Audiobook Boom, and the author sent me an email with the illustrations that are in the print copy. After I reviewed the book he sent me a thank you email and asked if I wanted a physical copy. I was delighted because I loved the story and the illustrations are wonderful. It was a fun surprise to see that he also had sent me a copy of his other book, SHASHA AND WALLY WATSON VS. THE FAKER. It sounds like a fun book!


BLOG OF THE WEEK
For a young chick, Tallitha reads a lot of Literary, SciFi, and Fantasy oldies and classics. She has given me the heads up on a lot of books that were around when I was younger that I missed and also reminds me of many books I have intended to read, but had forgotten about. I enjoy seeing the pictures of her menagerie and hearing about their antics, too.

◆◆◆

Neil Gaimam will read the Cheesecake Factory menu if he raises $500K for refugees by Refugee Day on June 20th. 

◆◆◆

Author Intisar Khanani tells the stories in her family's history about seeking refuge: HERE.



TELL ME TUESDAY
LAST. NOW. NEXT.
TOP TEN
Series I've Been Meaning To Start

THE MONTHLY MASH
MAY EDITION
BOOKS ONLY WRAP-UP
STACKING THE SHELVES
$10.00 Gift Card Giveaway

THE SUNDAY POST
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY
Have an terrific new week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.