Sunday, March 19, 2017

THE SUNDAY POST #104

THE SUNDAY POST
NUMBER ONE HUNDRED AND FOUR
THE SUNDAY POST is a weekly wrap-up feature hosted by Kimba at the CAFFEINATED BOOK REVIEWER.



LAST. NOW. NEXT.
I tell you what book may very well be my favorite of the last few years!
Thank goodness for Jolene from JO'S BOOK BLOG faithfully posting her TMT last week, even though she was on her way to London! It forced me to pull myself out of my blogging funk and post. I am feeling better about things and will be posting a little more next week. I want to thank everyone who commented last Sunday and I will get to replying soon; I promise.

One good thing about not blogging much last week was I got so much reading done and several picture books looked at and reviewed. Thank goodness for my ancient little grey first generation Kindle ereader, that let me read my review books while I was waiting for my new Fire tablet to arrive. I also did a little blog "redecorating" to lift my spirits.


My new Kindle Fire arrived late Thursday. The Manchild ordered it with his free Amazon Student two day shipping. It was supposed to be here on Wednesday, but winter storm Stella put a stop to that (more on that under IN REAL LIFE).
Its name is Igor.


This made me feel a bit better this morning. I don't think I have ever shown a ranking before. It felt like some forward motion.


Move over April the Giraffe. Broome County was on the national news stations for other happenings this week because we ended up being the epicenter of Nor'easter Stella. Stella! Three feet of snow. We've had worse but not for a few years.
This was from my front porch. The white expanse in the middle is my street. Ha! Up next is my friend's car...

 

Here is a video of someone walking around Binghamton on the other side of Main Street from me. The better "side of the tracks", heh heh.


This was campus. By the way... April has not had her baby yet!

BOUGHT EBOOKS
It was on special, but it is regular price now.

It was free, I think, but now... regular price.

The story of my people, ha ha. It is still free at the time of this posting.

Bwhahahaha... this is my homage to Annemarie, The Sausage Queen, from INKED BROWNIES during her pregnancy blogging break, and her two partners in crime: Danielle from BOOKS, VERTIGO AND TEA, and Liis from COVER TO COVER. It was 99¢, but alas, it is now $3.99.

This is a SciFi from 1922 and not only is it lauded by Tolkien, but also Ursula Le Guin. It is still free at the moment.

NETGALLEY
I didn't think I was going to get this one, but it showed up a couple of days after the pub date. I wanted to read it because quite a few reviewers were giving it one and two stars, and trying to say that the story normalizes and promotes the issue the book is about. This just did not make sense to me. It doesn't do those things, by the way, it shows how detrimental it is. People can be really stupid.

EDELWEISS
I am not a Historical Fiction fan, but I am liking this title and that says a lot!

Lark from THE BOOKWYRM'S HOARD has a weekly feature on Saturdays called NEWS & NOTES where she gives us links to interesting articles from the publishing world. I have become a regular reader.

Krysta from PAGES UNBOUND had a discussion post about CLASSICS IN THE CLASSROOM, which I found extremely interesting.


BOOK BLOGGER HOP
DIVERSITY?
I am trying to get caught up with this feature!

TELL ME TUESDAY
Last. Now. Next.

REVIEW TOUR STOP
NIGHT WITCHES

BOOK BLOGGER HOP
How do you handle negative comments?

THE SATURDAY SATIATION
THE KID'S INTERNATIONAL COOKBOOK
REVIEW

THE SUNDAY POST
Have a fulfilling week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.